A deserted fishing village southwest of Sula. The island is low and flat, with 6,6 m. at the maximum. Countless fishermen has delivered their catch and sought shelter in stormy nights. Quick access to the best fishing spots made ​​this place so appealing. In 1903, 508 seasonal fishermen stayed out here, and the island was for a long period one of Frøya's biggest workplace. In the early 1900s there were about 20 fishermen's cottages and two large lodging house here with nearly 450 beds. In 1862 almost all the cabins burned down, and the same happened in 1978. Today, still some of the old buildings are left and it is a magic place to visit. Kya is currently in private ownership.


Kya in a storm. Photo: Andreas Krogstad.